Excitement is in the air! *Polishes award to a brilliant shine* Look, isn’t it stylish!
Presented to me by the lovely Ghenet from All About Them Words (wanna know how to pronounce her name and read about other cool writing stuff? Visit her blog!). Thanks so much, Ghenet. This was fun.
Here are the rules behind this sassy little award:
1. Thank the person who gave the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you discovered and like
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they’ve won
So in the spirit of blog comradery, I too shall share some random facts about myself. Of course, I retain the right to unabashedly deny any of the following should you confront me about them:
1. I was mistaken for a boy pretty much my WHOLE childhood. Mom-I forgive you for the short hair and cousin Jorge’s hand me downs, but…well, harsh memories. Harsh. Memories.
2. When I was a kid, I thought I was a science project and people were robots and my every move was being observed by some unknown robots in an unknown location. Remember that 80’s song, I Always Feel Like Somebody’s Watching Me? Yeah, I pretty much thought it was created for reaction purposes. Egocentric little thing, wasn’t I?
3. I hate seafood—any kind, cooked any way, the way it smells, the way it looks. Everything about it completely grosses me out.
4. It took 3 times before I finally passed the driving portion of my driver’s test when I was sixteen.
5. I never chew gum. Not because I’m a freak about my teeth or anything—it just gives me a headache and makes me feel ill. Hey, I never claimed to be normal.
6. I learned I loved to write in fourth grade when Mrs. Macalusso made us write a story about being 3 inches tall for a county wide creative writing contest.
7. One of my proudest moments ever was winning first place in a county wide creative writing contest in fourth grade.
And now to spread the love, here are some blogs I came across when I first started blogging and continually visit for their humor, wisdom, and advice. Visit them and also, leave a fun random fact about yourself in the comments section below. Random facts are so much fun…and random;).
Follow me on Twitter @jetchez